Sri Eshwar Student Enterpreneurs Supported by Sri Eshwar Incubation Center
- SECE has nurtured the spirit of entrepreneurship and can boast of setting up Sri Eshwar Incubation Center
- Obtained Rs 1.10 Crore external funds towards innovative projects development and entrepreneurship development programs.
- EDC of Sri Eshwar College of Engineering received 4 National awards and accolades so far.
- EDC is accredited by MNRE, NISE, TEDA, Skill Council for Green jobs (SCGJ) and Tamilnadu Skill Council.
- So far EDC has trained 700 SECE students and 425 External candidates
- 5 student Entrepreneurs have established their companies.
- SECE strongly believes in encouraging its students to become job providers than job seekers.
Sri Eshwar’s Entrepreneurship Development Program has helped 5 students lead enterprises to blossom from its incubation centre. See Tech, SeeSun Energy, Q Tech Solution, e-Cub Entertainment and Thinkmax Technologies were the enterprises borne out of the efforts of SECE’s EDC and Incubation centre.
These enterprises have enabled employment to about 50 of the local residents and well may turn out to be a defining initiative for both SECE and the neighboring villages.
The campus of Sri Eshwar has been converted into a solar energy based campus by our student entrepreneurs with the installation of solar street lights, solar water heaters and also a 110 KW solar plant to cater to the energy requirements of the campus. In yet another eco conscious project, to prevent wastage of water due to overflow of overhead tanks, they have installed automatic water-level controller, which senses the level of water in the water tank and switches on/off the motor that pumps the water up to the overhead tank and when sufficient level of water in the sump is available, the motor will be allowed to switch on to prevent air-lock of the pump.
Won National level award as “Best University / Professional institution for skill development” from ASSOCHAM, India (9th August 2017)
Awards and Accolades won so far..
- SEED (Society for Educational and Entrepreneurship Development), Chennai organized ‘Sustainable Industry Institute Partnership (SIIP) - 2014’ conference during 25th – 26th Aug 2014 at IIT, Chennai. During this conference, our college received prestigious ‘SIIP-2014’ award under the category ‘Upcoming College with good potential’
- Our college got selected as ‘Solar Energy Training Network Partner’ (SETNET) by National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Ministry of MNRE, Government of India on 9th Feb 2015.
- Our college was awarded commendation certificate in recognition of outstanding contribution under the category ‘Best Organization encouraging entrepreneur in MSME including self employment through vocational training’ by ASSOCHAM, India in 2014-15
- Our college received national level award as “Best University / Professional institution for skill development” from ASSOCHAM, India. The award was given by Honorable Minister Mr. Rajeev Pradap Rudi, Minister for skill development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India on 9th August 2017 at Hotel Lalit, New Delhi.